Some of what you will find each week;
- Curriculum related blog post
- Spotlight - Highlight of classroom, teacher, student, administrator, or other SSISD related topics. We want to showcase the great things you are doing in your class!
- Elementary Featured 5 app ideas, suggestions, and tips.
- Microsoft Office 365 tips, tricks, and ideas.
- Tech tool or idea of the week - focus on a tool that can be used in the classroom.
- Food for thought - a short synopsis of an educational topic worthy of "being in the know."
- Curriculum and Instructional Tech News - random bits of information that you should have on your radar.
- Badges - See who is earning badges, this section will be updated once a month. We will also alert you to new badges as they become available.
So how will this information help your classroom? That really depends on you! As with anything we do in our business, we must continue to model what it means to be a lifelong learner. If you continue to use the statement that "I'm just not good with tech," you are selling yourself and your students short. Using tech is not about the tool, or being the most proficient user in the room. Using tech requires you to have a knowledge about how certain tools can enhance the learning that you are designing for your students.
As teachers, it is not about controlling learning. Teachers are masters of designing learning experiences that maximize student potential. This newsletter will aim to help you improve the toolbox of resources and ideas that you can use with students. By taking 10 - 15 minutes each week to look at ideas shared here, we hope that you find 1 thing that you can apply in your area.
We would like you to become a part of the newsletter. If you have ideas for any of these topics please email Brooke Doughtie or John Bimmerle and we will work on getting the information in a future newsletter. Help us focus on the great things going on in SSISD as we all continue to Boldly Move Forward.