In the Knowledge Age there is one constant. Educators must embrace this constant to ensure student learning needs are met. That constant is Change.
- August 2003 - MySpace began shaping Social Media
- July 2005 - MySpace was purchased for $580 Million
- 2006 - Facebook and Twitter were becoming players in the social media game
- June 2006 - MySpace surpassed Google as the most visited website in the US
- 2008 - Facebook surpasses MySpace in popularity.
- 2010 - Pinterest launches by invitation only, as programmers worked out of a small apartment
- 2011 - MySpace use is quickly declining
- October 2013 - Pinterest now worth $3.8 Billion - 3 years after launching
Take a moment to wrap your mind around those facts. Before the mid 2000's nobody could have understood the impact Social Media would play on society today.
The rest of the article was first posted here, click to read more.